Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Quilt Minnesota 2012




The fabric for Quilt Minnesota 2012 is all about the outdoors -- obviously.  We love our little piece of the world up here and with 10,000 lakes, boats are a given.  Our state bird, the loon, is also a featured player.  I really like the woodsy feel that these fabrics bring every year and I faithfully purchase some of these Northwoods themed fabrics every year.  Since they are outdoorsy all the way, the quilts I make with these fabrics tend to go to the men in my family. 

Because fabric costs have risen quite a bit this year, I didn't purchase as much fabric as I have in years past on my annual Shop Hop.  This means I have to be a bit more frugal when it comes to actually making my blocks.  I want to get at least a full-size quilt out of the yardage.  I know I have enough to do this, but there can be absolutely no waste.

So, here's my challenge to myself.  I am going to create this quilt with as little throw away as possible.  Since I'm working with printed panels with 11"x15" and 5"x5" pictures, I may be biting off more than I can chew...


No comments:

Post a Comment