Saturday, March 5, 2011

Printable Fabrics Question

I've spent a leisurely morning cruising around in cyberspace, just looking for some inspiration for a new project.  I'm planning to make a memory quilt -- you know the ones that are all the rage right now.  Print your pictures on fabric and then incorporate those pictures into a quilt design.  Here's the thing -- there are so many different printable fabric products out there that it's hard to know which one to use. 
The quilt I'm planning to make is not going to hang on a wall or lay on a bed to look beautiful.  It's going to be used -- A LOT -- which means it must be washable.  I have used Printed Treasures for making quilt labels.  The labels that I've printed can still be read, but over time -- and many washings -- they have faded a bit.  That is to be expected but my concern is that  I haven't actually used a photograph on any of these labels.  Since there is much more ink used on photos, will this affect the staying power when laundered?
If you have used any of these printable fabric products for printing pictures, can you please share your experience?  You can leave comments here or, if you prefer, you can email me at georgia@crazyladyquiltdesigns.com -- Thanks in advance for any info you have to share!
Happy Stitchin!
Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment