Friday, January 18, 2013
Now that the process is becoming more familiar, it's time to get a bit more complicated with our designs. More pieces on this one but lot's more interest as well. Just keep following those basic instructions and this will go together for you without a problem. Go to www.crazyladyquiltdesigns.com to download the project. Check out some of the other patterns and projects that are available while you're there. They're all free!
Saturday, January 12, 2013
This fun block is the next step in my Great Paper Piecing project. It's a fun block that is still very simple but the added dimension gives a bit more flair than the Pinwheel Block. The cut sizes for the patches are included in case you want to pre-cut instead of using the scrap method. I personally don't usually pre-cut my patches unless I'm making more than one of the same block but some people prefer the more precise cutting method.
Go to www.crazyladyquiltdesigns.com to get the free pattern and instructions!
Monday, January 7, 2013
Go to my website www.crazyladyquiltdesigns.com and you'll see the image above there as well. Clicking on the image will take you to a free pattern and some pretty darn good directions on basic paper-piecing technique (if I do say so myself!). I include LOTS of pictures and step-by-step instructions to get you started on your own paper-piecing project.
Going forward, I'll be sharing more of my favorite blocks. We'll start out pretty simple and who knows exactly where my project will take us? I plan to progress to more complex and detailed blocks and maybe by the end of my project, I'll be ready to design a whole paper-pieced quilt to share with everyone. So get clicking and find your way to my website. Come back here and share your input and progress with your own project.
Sunday, January 6, 2013
- I moved... TWICE! Talk about work. Truth is, I still have fabric and quilting supplies in boxes.
- I got a new job! The economy being what it has been, I'm lucky to have found a job. I actually found one that I like and has great benefits to boot. The only downside... not as much time in my sewing room.
- The engine in my car went kaput! That was a bummer. I found a decent used Lincoln Continental that I really like though.
- I got a new grandbaby! Gotta love those grandchildren. I have a thirteen now.
- I had a fender bender one week where I backed out of a parking space and into a pickup truck. No injuries but a real pain in the rear. The next week a neighbor came around the corner and took out both doors on the drivers side of my decent Lincoln. Thankfully, no one hurt again and insurance claim went smoothly. Lincoln is still decent and runs really well.
- Bought the cutest little puppy as a Christmas gift for my daughter and her children. I'm the best Grandma EVER...
To get back on track, I'm going back to where I left off. My last post on my website... www.crazyladyquiltdesigns.com was the first installment of the Great Paper Piecing Project. You can go there now and download a simple paper piecing block with some pretty darn good step-by-step directions. There are lots of pictures and plenty of advice on my favorite paper piecing technique. I'll be posting more projects in the coming days and weeks.