Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Four Block Wonder Sashing, Cornerstones and Borders

The Sashing and Cornerstones instructions have been posted today.  So have the Border instructions.  We're getting close to finishing our Four Block Wonder!

When I first started quilting, I absolutely hated doing sashings because working with long strips of pieced fabric and trying to get everything to line up was next to impossible for me.  As a result, almost all of my early quilts have no sashings.  This is a shame because I think sashing really makes a quilt sometimes. 

And then I watched an episode of Fons and Porter Love of Quilting on PBS.  They demonstrated a technique that I call "Sash As You Go" -- because it's kinda like quilt as you go.  I sat with my mouth hanging open thinking, "Why didn't I think of this?"

The directions for the Four Block Wonder sashings is based on the sash as you go technique.  No more looooong sashing/cornerstone strips with seams to match. 

Download all of the pdf files for this project at www.crazyladyquiltdesigns.com.

3 comments:

  1. I am trying to get the files and it takes me home depot can you help me with getting the pdf files please

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your website doesn't work any longer! 😫😭😭
    Are your parents still available?? Please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patterns not parents 🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🏼‍♀️

      Delete