Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Where Does The Time Go?

Things have been so busy!!!  I spent some time with my daughter's family as they moved from town into the country -- the fulfillment of a major dream for both her and her hubby.  The four children are loving it too, of course.  They actually did all the work, I just played with the kids while they worked.  Then I came home and it was time for those pesky 50+ physicals for both me and my husband.  I think we spent two weeks going to and from the doctor and getting all those screenings taken care of.  We both have a clean bill of health though.  Don't have to go through that for another 5 years!  Spent some quality time with my mom. She retired last May and we have gotten to spend so much fun time together since then.  And suddenly the holidays are upon us!  I spent Thanksgiving with one of my other daughters and we stayed over so she and her husband could do the Black Friday thing.  Better them than me!  They came home tired and full of fun stories about their shopping foray.  My evening quilt guild had their Christmas party last night.  We all met at a local restaurant and did a gift exchange.  It was a great time.  My daytime quilt guild -- yes, I go to two meetings a month with two different groups of women -- are having their Christmas party next week so I'm looking forward to that.\

With all of this activity, my poor sewing machine has not been getting much of a workout.  I manage to spend some time in my studio everyday, but not enough to really accomplish much. So -- on to some serious sewing this week!  I'll keep you posted now that I'm getting back into the old sewing chair.

I have a great idea for a Christmas project and I'm working up the patterns today.  I'll share them as soon as I get them tweaked!

No comments:

Post a Comment