Thursday, December 1, 2011

Preparing for the Create-a-Bed Sew Along!

As I prepare for the Create-a-Bed Sew Along, I have decided that I want to use French Seams to enclose all of the seams on the Bed Skirts.  My experience with French Seams dates back to my garment sewing days and I know that it is not necessarily a technique that is often used in the quilting world.  I decided to see what kind of information is out there on this particular technique.  I found a wonderful tutorial at the Sew Neau website.  Check it out here -- http://www.sewneau.com/how.to/french.seam.html  -- Thanks Sew Neau for a fantastic resource!

French seams are a fantastic way to put a clean finish on seams and I think it puts a professional touch on a project.  You decide if you want to use it or not...

Don't forget to check in often... Sew Along and Create-a-Bed by Christmas!

www.crazyladyquiltdesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment