Monday, January 23, 2012

Changed the size but this will be a good one...

 I actually designed this quilt last week and decided to write up the pattern for it.  I am calling it my Four Block Wonder Quilt because there are four different blocks used to create the design.  When I started writing the pattern, I did some slight changes and tweaks to make things easier to cut and piece.  The original design was 85" square and now it is 95" square but I think that is a great size for either a full or queen size bed.  If you use lighter batting, it could make a spectacular bedspread for a twin bed as well.  I will be releasing this pattern as a Block of the Week.  As each block pattern comes along, I will show some different colorways as well, just to give you an idea of the possibilities.  So keep tuning in to catch the installments!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe no one has commented on this beautiful quilt!
    Personally I want to thank you for offering it free.
    The blocks will lend themselves to any color way, I think 1930 reproductions on a white background and even a black background with brights.
    Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. I love to share my ideas and designs. Since I was working out the pattern for myself, I thought others might enjoy it as well. Keep coming back. I will be posting the next block today and the finishing instructions will be coming soon.

      Delete