Saturday, February 5, 2011

Free online quilting magazine!

Since we are all doing the blogging thing -- either reading, writing, or both -- we are obviously well aware that the computer has become an integral part of the quilting world.  I guess I didn't realize how much I depend upon it though until yesterday when I couldn't find the cord to my laptop and the battery was dead!  How was I going to get to the pattern I needed in my Fons and Porter magazine?  What?  I had to go search through my stacks of magazines for the ACTUAL magazine?  I can usually just log on to my computer and find my pattern in a snap in the digital magazine.  Now I find I'm dependent on my virtual copies of my magazines.
Trust me, I still love my good old fashioned magazine.  I get a tingle down my spine every time I open my mailbox and see a beautiful quilt picture snuggled in with the bills and advertising.  I leaf through the pages and enjoy the feel of the paper and the smell of fresh ink.  I drag it to my friend's homes for coffee gatherings to show them the latest projects I'm dreaming about, I tag the pictures that inspire me -- you know, all the things we do with our lovely quilt magazines.  But when it actually comes time to use a pattern, I find that I love to use the digital version.
If you haven't yet experienced the digital quilting magazine, go to this link and sign up for a FREE online subscription.  http://onlinequiltmagazine.com/  Give it a try and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment