Creamy Penne Pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tomato, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Stir in garlic, basil, oregano, parsley, tomato, salt and pepper, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in cream cheese until melted. (Add meat, if desired, at this time.) Heat through, toss with cooked pasta and serve.