Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Good Pasta Recipe!

I've had a satisfying day in my studio.  Spent part of the day on a customer quilt and then spent awhile on one of my own.  I took a break to do a little thread shopping at my favorite thread website -- http://www.superiorthreads.com/.  I'll be carrying these threads on my website soon!  Anyway -- before I knew it my stomach was tickling my backbone.  I forgot to eat!!!  Talk about having a good time!  So I rambled into the kitchen to find something quick and easy.  Pasta is one of my favorites and since I was in the mood for something creamy I pulled this recipe out of my recipe box.  I got it from allrecipes.com awhile back, but it's delicious!  It's also quick and easy so it was exactly what my tummy was demanding.  Give it a try sometime!
Creamy Penne Pasta

Ingredients

  • 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese

Directions

  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
  2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Stir in garlic, basil, oregano, parsley, tomato, salt and pepper, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in cream cheese until melted. (Add meat, if desired, at this time.) Heat through, toss with cooked pasta and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment