Thursday, February 3, 2011

No quilting done today, but lots of fun anyway...

I left early this morning with my friend to do a little shopping.  Now where I live this is no small feat.  It's a one hour drive to get to a REAL shopping town but where there's a will there's a way.  Thankfully Mother Nature was cooperative today and we had good weather and good roads to go.  We had a good visit in the car and then our local HQ dealer showed us how to use the new gadget to reduce the time it takes to load a quilt.  Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the darn thing but it was pretty slick.  Did our shopping, went to Applebee's for lunch and visited for another hour on the way home. 
When I got home, I did a litlle practice quilting and then decided I needed a little more people time so I quite literally hung out at the Red Rooster (our local quilt shop http://www.redroosterquiltshop.com/) all afternoon.  It was great fun!  I got to see all the new fabrics and hear the details about the upcoming retreat. 
Now I'm home -- gonna have a bite to eat and work on my Dear Jane quilt for awhile.  Tomorrow is another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment