Monday, October 17, 2011

Christmas is right around the corner...

We have a nip in the air up here in northwest Minnesota today.  It has been an unusually mild fall this year and when I looked at the calendar, realizing that half the month of October is done, I was a bit surprised.  By this time I am usually hauling out the winter clothes, getting things ready for snow to cover the ground.  Haven't even thought about it yet this year.

Reality is Christmas is right around the corner... okay, I know we have a couple of months, but if you want to make any Christmas goodies from fabric, you'd better get a move on!  To help you get into the mood, I have posted one of my favorite quilted Christmas projects ever.  I call it Stocking Fun -- a quilt-as-you-go stocking that you can whip up in just a couple of hours.  I made a whole set of them for my daughter and her family last year in the cabin-outdoorsy flannels shown in this picture.  I got several requests for some in other colors from other family members.  So... I'm pawing through my stash to find the fabrics requested so I can make a few more this year.

Check out the FREE pattern for this project at www.crazyladyquiltdesigns.com/patterns/ and get the spirit going early!  Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment