Friday, October 28, 2011

Patriot Dreams Tablerunner

I'm not usually a tablerunner person but I have a friend who loves them.  I completed this one using a panel from the Patriot Dreams fabric line by Henry Glass.  To be quite honest, I wasn't at all impressed with the panel itself.  It looked too much like -- well, a printed fabric panel.  I decided to sew blue rick rack over the "seams" between the blocks.  Now I actually like the darn thing.  When I started this little project -- which took me just over 3 hours to complete including quilting and binding! -- I was thinking of a gift for my tablerunner friend.  Now, I'm thinking I may just keep it!

Here are some pics of some of  the "blocks"
 
 



This simple project consists of the printed panel, batting and backing.  I sandwiched the layers and did some quick meandering on my home machine.  Then I laid the blue rick rack over the "seams" on the panel and stitched it down with matching thread.  I put the binding on and voila! I have a nice tablerunner that measures 22" x 40". 

You can get the panel at This Is Sew Broadway in Crookston, MN for a mere $7.13.  They also have some of the coordinating fabrics if you want to use them for backing and binding.  If you call them at 218-470-0070 they will even mail it out to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment