Sunday, October 2, 2011


I spent Friday evening and all day Saturday in a class to make this quilt.  The picture doesn't do it justice! This is a Judy Niemeyer quilt and I have been wanting to make the quilt for a long time.  I already own a couple her patterns but I just haven't been brave enough to make the leap into the process.  The pattern for this quilt is about 18 pages long and looks very daunting.  I consider myself a pretty experienced quilter and I was still a bit intimidated when I looked at it. 

I can tell you though that taking this class is the best decision I've made in a long time.  Catherine Erickson (a certified Judy Niemeyer instructor) is a joy.  She explains things so well and takes the intimidation factor out of the process completely!  This is not a fast project by any stretch of the imagination -- especially since I chose to make the 104"x104" size.  There are two more classes in the process with plenty of homework in between, but the result is going to be so worth it.  I'll be posting pictures along the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment